Monday, January 7, 2008

Fast Food Adventures

So the other day I went to get some fast food. I hate getting pop at a fast food place. I drink like a quarter of it maybe, and then either give it away, throw it out, or let it sit forever going completely gross and then throw it out. I'm just not a pop drinker. But on this particular day I didn't feel like going through the whole thing of telling the person behind the counter that I don't want the drink, and then getting the blank why-in-the-world-would-you-not-want-the-drink look, whereupon they inform me that the ridiculously priced drink is included in the price of my combo, and if I don't get the drink then the sandwich and fries are actually more...tell me how that makes sense.



Anyway so I got the drink, and I had a drink for somebody else too, so I got one of those cardboard cup holder things to put them in. So I'm holding those in one hand, and my bag of food in the other hand. Open my car and put the drinks on top, throw in my bag and start the car. I then got out to get the drinks. Well a hole was already developing in this high quality cardboard holder thing, and drink #1 went sailing out of my hand, landing top down on the pavement, splashing my pants, shoes, and car on it's way down. I groaned, assessed the damage and decided it wasn't too bad, and I didn't really want the drink anyway (it was a red punch sort of concoction). Went to get drink #2 and it inexplicably sailed out my grip as well, landing itself right on the driver's seat of my car (which, for easy clean up convenience, is leather- the one upside to this story). Drink #2 happened to be a milkshake. SIGH. Did I mention that it was like 5 degrees outside and very windy?



So now my car door sticks a little every time I open it. Go figure.


Tip o' the day: Just use the drive thru.

No comments: