Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The elevator's still broken

So today I got to work and got on the elevator, along with another woman who works on my floor. The one that opened was on the left (which, as you'll recall, was broken the other day). The doors close I'm chatting with this other lady, and pretty soon we notice that we're only on the 3rd floor. About 10 seconds later the thing beeps and we're on the 4th floor. 10 seconds later it beeps again and we're on the 5th floor. Etc, etc. So it took a while, almost a minute I think, to get to the 8th floor. It's a weird sensation, being on an elevator that you think is moving, but you can't quite tell.

Tip o' the day: Comment on my blog.

2 comments:

emily mcd said...

That thing sounds like it's possessed. What an adventure! Remember how in the children's hospital in Romania we weren't allowed to go on the elevators (for unknown reasons . . . everyone else rode them) so we just trekked it up flight after flight of stairs? That was great. :)

Sara said...

Huh. I remember trekking up all the stairs. I don't even remember there being elevators though...I never thought of that before. Why didn't we just take the elevators? Interesting.