Saturday, June 13, 2009

Why is "Free Willy" one of my favorite movies of all time?



I don't know. No, I really don't. I was thinking about it just now while watching it for the hundreth time. Don't get me wrong, it's not Star Wars material (I don't have this one memorized:) but I can watch it over and over (and have).

So why? Is it because I have fond childhood memories of watching it? No, we didn't even have it when I was a kid. Is it because I have a strong affinity for killer whales? Well, I like them, but not much more than the next guy. Is it because I feel for the plight of foster kids? Well, of course I do, but again, not that much more than the next guy. Is it the music? Aha! It might very well be a combination of all of the above, and the music brings it all together.

I don't know why I'm such a fan, but whatever it is, don't mind me. I'll be in here watching Free Willy. Again.




No comments: